Are you superficial for a way to get Dolby Atmos on your smartphone? Well, your search ends here. By the end of this article, you will know enough to revolutionize your music and movies experience on your Android smartphone with our “How to Download & Install Dolby Atmos APK on Android Guide.”
Dolby Atmos is a surround sound technology first released in June 2012. It was first utilized in a Disney and Pixar’s animated film Brave, and ever since, continues to enrich audios of movies and music all over the world. But what made Dolby Atmos famous was its smartphone implementation completely transforming mobile entertainment. Using the two usual speakers of headphones Dolby Atmos creates a virtual 360° audio environment.
High quality rich and powerful sound appears to come from all directions when you hear on the built-in speakers or headphones. Specifically, on headphones, the music seems to move around you. This makes movies sound great as you feel inside the action. The sound is so bright and powerful that it excites your senses and emotions making your entertainment engrossing and impactful.
Dolby Atmos was first introduced for smartphones in Lenovo 7000. Fans of Dolby felt disappointed when the rights to implement this technology in smartphones was limited only to Lenovo and Amazon. But Android developers worked their way around this hurdle and ported the technology from Lenovo 7000. Now all Android users can install Dolby Atmos on their device and enhance the quality of their entertainment.
Here we share how-to guides on installing Dolby Atmos APK on your Android device. There are two ways you can execute this: without root access and with root access. If you have a non-rooted Android device then you can get the technology by installing Dolby Atmos APK. Otherwise, with a rooted phone, you get Dolby Atmos by flashing a zip file.
Install Dolby Atmos APK on Android Device Without Root Access
- Android device
- Working internet connection
- Dolby Atmos APK
- At first, enable installing applications from “Unknown Sources” in security settings. This is necessary to Install any APK file.
- Download the Dolby Atmos APK from the given link.
- Once Dolby Atmos APK is downloaded, click on it to launch the app Installer of your device.
- Follow the steps and complete the installation. Don’t open the app yet. Reboot the device after installation.
- Search for Google Music Player on Play Store and install it(Skip if it is pre-installed). Install only Google Play Music because no other music app functions well for this process.
- Open Google Play Music and open menu by clicking on three horizontally parallel bars on the top left corner. Click on Settings and scroll down to find Under Playback, look further for Equalizer tab.
- You will find listed, your default device equalizer along with Dolby Atmos. Disable your device’s default equalizer.
- Enable Dolby Atmos APK as the equalizer for your device. Mostly it enables itself automatically.
Now plug in your earphones and hear any music, which is on your device, from the music library of the app and enjoy the surround sound technology of Dolby Atmos APK. You can switch between your default equalizer and Dolby Atmos APK to see the difference.
Though the method without rooting seems extremely easy, it doesn’t give you a complete Dolby Atmos experience. To experience the true Dolby Atmos thrill, you need to get root access of your phone if you already haven’t. After you have obtained root access, you can go on with the process of installing Dolby Atmos.
The method mainly requires you to flash Dolby Atmos zip file via custom recovery. This installs Dolby Atmos ROM on to your system. So the technology becomes part of the entire audio profile of the device. Follow the following steps to get Dolby Atmos into the DNA of your invention.
(Caution: Backup all your device’s data before root accessing your device. In case thing goes wrong, you can have all your data intact. Also, any warranty or agreement with the manufacturer is annulled once you root your device. So you must research thoroughly about root access, custom recovery before grounding. Done wrong, rooting can lead to dead phones or damaged devices.)
Install Dolby Atmos APK on Android Device with root Access
- Thorough research on root access, custom recovery, OEM.
- Knowledge of backing up device’s data.
- Device with root access with Android v4.3 or above.
- The bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery must be installed. For this process, preferably TWRP.
- A working internet connection.
- Dolby Atmos zip file to be installed.
- At first, Download Dolby Atmos zip file. The zip files us usable only for rooted phones. Rooted phones must have a custom recovery installed. TWRP recovery is in use for this process.
- Switch off the device. Press the power button and volume up/down button simultaneously for a few seconds to enter the TWRP custom recovery.
- Here, click on “Install” and select the Dolby Atmos.zip file you just downloaded.
- Then, swipe to confirm flashing.
- The Dolby Atmos would begin installing. After completion of the installation, click on reboot.
- Consequently, you will find Dolby Atmos installed in your device. Set up the application by clicking on its icon.
- Finally, Switch the equalizer on by hitting the power icon.
Voilà. Dolby Atmos is ready to thrill your senses. You can optimize the sound from within the app. Try different visualizations to find what’s your favorite. The built-in speaker may not experience much change, but a good set of earphones will blow you away.